Prospective Marriage Visa


1329-Cui-&-Andrew-Althea-Hurwood-Civil-Marriage-Celebrant-Brisbane 1318-Althea-Hurwood-Civil-Marriage-Celebrant-Brisbane DSC00017aa 906-Sutapa-&-Sisir-Althea-Hurwood-Civil-Marriage-Celebrant-Brisbane 519 186 188 157






Thank you for coming to my web page.  I have retired as a Marriage Celebrant.

The Department of Immigration has information about how to apply for a prospective marriage visa.  When you apply for the visa, the Australian Embassy in the country where your fiance lives needs a letter from your celebrant.  This letter must contain the date of lodgement of your Notice of Intended Marriage as well as the intended time, date & venue of your wedding ceremony.  We can write this letter & provide a copy of the Notice of Intended Marriage.

The Department of Immigration’s website has useful information.

To find the Australian Embassy in your country, go to the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade website at

There are a number of translating services if you have documents that need translating into English.  The National Accreditation Authority for Translators & Interpreters (NAATI) is one to consider.  Their office is in Woolloongabba, Brisbane & their contact number is 07 33931 358.

Where to from here? Contact us for your complementary obligation-free consultation on 043232 0584 or email so we can talk about your ultimate wedding ceremony experience …just the way you want it to be.

A Gift for You – The Big Day Pack: ideas & helpful hints for your wedding ceremony: As a client, you will also receive the beautiful Big Day Pack which includes the very popular ’24 Tips to Help Keep Your Costs Under Control‘, the ’12 Tips to Help Plan Your Outdoor Wedding Ceremony’ & the ’20 Point Wedding Ceremony Checklist’.

Leave a Reply